I see London I see France, I see…someone’s underpants? That’s right, this IS Crazy Shit in Real Estate, after all! Broker and coach Anthony Lamacchia shares with us the crazy story of when he took a buyer through a home and a nearly-naked woman made a surprise appearance. Anthony leads his own brokerage now and, having switched from the family landscaping business, he truly knows what it takes to start in the trenches of real estate. Tune in to find out what Anthony teaches new realtors and what advice his grandfather gave him that all realtors should live by.
Please subscribe to this podcast in iTunes or in the Podcasts App on your phone. Never miss a beat from Leigh by visiting The Leigh Brown Experience.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 01:05 – Anthony’s background and how he got into real estate
- 1:20 – She bought her first property in the late 90s and has a brokerage (they call it agency)with a team of 6 in Hawkesbury
- 02:05 – Buying her first home inspired her to begin a career in real estate; she had dragged the whole family along
- 03:30 – The home was in extremely bad condition but she fell in love anyway; her family thought she was crazy
- 04:50 – It was the worst house on the best street, and she saw an opportunity there; she renovated it and moved away for 2 years
- 05:15 – She listed with a big agency and the agency had placed terrible tenants in her home; they had severely damaged the home and landscaping
- 06:05 – She was sad and disappointed and thought there had to be a better way; she let the company try to sell the house, too
- 07:23 – In Australia you list with one agency; she didn’t know so she got a second agency to try and sell it
- 08:50 – She wasn’t an agent but decided to put an ad in the paper for it; she got two buyers and both wanted it, she sold it for 75% more than her original purchase price
- 09:13 – That marked the moment that she realized she wanted to be in real estate, so she could improve the experience for the consumer
- 09:45 – She’s been constantly growing and learning ever since; she found opportunity in crisis
- 11:00 – Rachael’s marketing approach and how she incorporates customer service
- 11:10 – There are a lot of pain points for the consumer and for real estate agents; agents must continue growing and networking
- 11:30 – She works her business around the gaps she sees in the market
- 12:00 – Rachael can visualize what “could be” with a property; how she conveys this to potential buyers who are viewing “ugly” properties
- 12:55 – It’s all about taking the emotion out of the equation and working with the facts
- 13:07 – Write a list of pros and cons and know what makes the property a good investment
- 14:16 – She knew the bones of the house were good, despite other cosmetic things that looked like a lot of work; she focuses on the good with potential buyers, too
- 15:04 – Focus on the big picture and what will increase the property’s equity; make sure they’re buying for the right reasons and are happy with the purchase
- 16:24 – Rachael’s biggest surprise since entering the industry: People
- 16:38 – She found that the more she invests in others, the more they’re willing to invest in you
- 17:00 – At first, she tried to do everything alone, now she collaborates a lot with others
- 19:00 – Rachael’s contact information: Website RachaelGoldsworthy.com.au or on any social media channel
3 Key Points
- A good realtor can see an opportunity where others don’t.
- Always continue growing, learning, and improving the consumer experience.
- You don’t have to do everything alone; collaboration is good!